Image manipulation using Paint shop pro
Note: You need to download paint shop pro to practice this lesson. The trial version will do just fine.
- Image manipulation refers to the formatting and editing actions we do on a particular image.
- When we enlarge a picture, rotate it or change it in some way or another – then we are called to be applying image manipulation.
- We can’t use simple programs like “paint” to do that.. Instead we have specialised programs like “Paint Shop Pro” that help us in the task.
- A image is nothing more than a set of colours near each other that form a picture. Our programs just change or move these colours or dots. These dots are called pixels.
- Apart from the following options – PSP has a large number of options that one can use. Most of these options are the tools of professional artists and imaging people.
- We can:
- Flip an image
- Mirror an image
- Rotate a picture whichever angle we want
- Resize a picture
- Resize the canvas.
Practice: Switch on the pc and :
- Download a set of picture of your preferred artist
- Switch on Paint shop Pro and apply the above image manipulations.
- Save I different formats like bmp – jpg and gif and see the differences.