Advanced Power Point – Transitions and Animations:
- Up to our previous lesson we have talked only about slides and formatting them.
- We applied slide designs, backgrounds and styles.
- In this lesson we will learn about the more advanced features in Power Point; the animations.
- Power point presentation is already better looking and more rich in style than normal slides, but animations really create outstanding presentations.
- When we apply animations we make the presentation more lively, eye-catching and stimulating to the listener to learn.
Format > Slide Design and then we choose from various slide backgrounds and styles.
- When we use animations we can add sounds – make text and pictures move etc.
- We can also add the popular transitions. These are a set of predefined programs that we can apply to the whole slide or just individual text or pictures.
- Some popular transitions are Check in and Blinds. These just make the transition between one slide and another with an animation in between.
- On a more advanced note, we can also apply timed animations and publish our slide presentation online.
- Enter the Power point Program
- Load the presentation about your favourite cooking recepie including some pictures – and apply slide transitions.
- Add a clipart and apply some animations to it.
- Make the presentation more interesting by applying some sounds etc..
- See what Effect-Timing and Text animation does!