Basic Power Point Use:
- Power Point is like Word, but instead of pages it has Slides.
- These slides are made to represent the actual slide projector so that we view them one by one when we use the Slide Show option.
- The slides are made up mainly of text boxes and pictures.
- We can also format the text in the text boxes like in Word, like bold – bullets – paragraphs..
- Apart from formatting of text, we can also format the whole slide!
Format > Slide Design and then we choose from various slide backgrounds and styles.
- We can also choose and apply a colour scheme to all of our slides. A scheme is a setting that is applied to all the slides.
- To make the process faster, it has a set of prepared templates where we can choose from.
- Some of these templates also have a shortcut to outside programs like excel. If we put a table in a slide we are using OLE objects.
- Enter the Power point Program
- Prepare a presentation about your favourite cooking recepie including some pictures – step by step instructions how to do it and safety precautions one must observe while cooking it.
- Apply a neat slide design.
- Choose from templates the layout and perhaps do your own.
- Press NORMAL VIEW / SLIDE SORTER VIEW / SLIDE SHOW
- The presentation must include at least 8 slides.