The usage of the ALT and CTRL keys
- Remember about last lessonís special keys and remember that two of them were the alt and ctrl keys.
- The alt is used most for the menu and the ctrl is used mainly for shortcuts.
- The menu could be accessed also from the keyboard using the alt and the cursor keys and the enter key.
- We can shutdown the computer using the Alt-F4 keys
- The use of the shortcut keys
- Ctrl is usually combined with other keys to make a shortcut.
- The Alt-Ctrl-Del function (switch off pc / task manager)
- In this lesson the students will learn particularly the use of the ctrl key in Word as a shortcut key and we will browse the word menu using the Alt.
- Students practice by using the cut, copy and paste options in word. (the buttons).
- Repeat the same thing but this time using Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V.