The keyboard layout: Basic
- Draw the keyboard layout and explain each section.
- Label it according to the layout.
- Explain the highlight text technique (move mouse pointer to the beginning of the text, press and drag until desired)
- Explain the meaning of the cursor, mouse cursor and then cursor keys.
- 2 ways of deleting text:
- Using the backspace key (delete to the left)
- Using the delete key (delete to the right)
- Explain the 5 new word buttons:
- Colour text
- Highlight text.
Continue on handout 4 and format it according to the second part of the text.
Type an extract of text and apply formatting according to one’s own taste