What is a web site?
- A web site is a collection of online pages which are grouped in a single place.
- Technically, a website is a space on a web-server.
- Search engines and web directories lead to web sites.
- To view a web site one needs:
- A web-server connected to the internet.
- Many web pages in the site
- A pc connected to the internet
- A browser that runs on the pc
What is a homepage?
- A homepage is a single page in a web site.
- A homepage can feature oneís hobbies or a detailed news agenciesí
- Normally one access a homepage via a link.
How fast is a web-site?
- Speed depends mainly on two factors:
- the connection speed of the web-server
- the connection of the userís pc
- Speed could also depend on these factors:
- the connection speed of the ISP
- the contents of the homepage. (if there are large pictures and long pages it takes a while to load)
- the ISPís settings. (If the ISP sets a cache where pages are saved and given to other users, then the speed is increased. This is called a proxy.)
- Log on the internet and browse web sites.
- Practice a chat program like msn, facebook or twitter.