Computer Storage space – Hard disks
- Things in the computer need to be stored somewhere.
- The computer’s main storage memory is the hard disk or also called the fixed disk.
- By time, hd’s became smaller and at the same time they increased in their capacity.
- Explain lightly the bit to gigabyte sequence and focus on the floppy region, the megabyte.
- Focus on the hard disks that at first were 40 megabytes- then to 120 mbs – then to 500mbs – then to 1 gigabyte then to 2.5, 3.5, 4.2, 6.0, 8.3, 10.0, 15.0, 20.0, 30.0, 40.0, 63.0.
- External hard disk now range between 1 terabytes and upwards.
- Explain that by time they became also faster.
- Computers can access data stored on hard disks faster than ever now.
- The hard disk is Non-volatile memory
- Lookup how to find your hard disk space.
- My computer
- Right click on c:
- Click on properties.
- The usage of the drawing toolbar.
- Word Art, the basic auto shapes, the text box and the arrows.
Enter the Microsoft word and ask the students to type the “Drawing in Word” handout.