Computer Lesson Beginners 1
Why are computers so widely used?
Where are they used ? :washing machines, banks, space labs, missles etc..
Main parts of a computer. Label them on worksheet below:
- Example: Hard disk and sound card (the main difference between them : moving vs electronic)
- Monitors (Cathode raytube,, Lcd, Plasma screens)
- Keyboards (Used to input information in the computer)
- Printers (Prints out text as well as coloured pictures)
- Scanners (Inputting a picture in the computer)
- Mice (Normal – Scroll wheel - optical)
- Floppy - A: in windows – also found in My computer – used to transport data (nowadays we use DVD/CD/external usb hard drives)
- Switching on the computer – logging on – writing student / lesson
- The desktop called "the desktop"
- Loading explorer
- Hierarchy tree – folders and subfolders.
- Creating a folder
- Creating a subfolder
- Creating a textfile in root
- Moving file to folder